Folsom, CA- In a comparison by WalletHub, Folsom once again took the number one spot for best places to raise a family in California.
Sacramento area suburbs made a strong showing in the list with El Dorado Hills, Elk Grove, Roseville and Rocklin all ranking in the top 13. Impressive!
In order to help families find the best California cities to settle down, WalletHub compared 254 Golden State cities across 21 key metrics. They range from “number of attractions” to “pediatricians per capita” to “unemployment rate.”
Top 20 California Cities for Families
- San Ramon
- Los Altos
- El Dorado Hills
- Aliso Viejo
- Rancho Santa Margarita
- Elk Grove
- Los Gatos
- Yorba Linda
- Palo Alto
Best vs. Worst
- Adelanto has the highest share of families with kids under 18 years old, 65.29 percent, which is 3.2 percent higher than in West Hollywood, the city with the lowest at 20.39 percent.
- Danville has the lowest violent-crime rate per 1,000 residents, 0.20, which is 71.3 times lower than in Oakland, the city with the highest at 14.26.
- El Dorado Hills has the highest median annual family income (adjusted for cost of living), $86,880, which is three times higher than in Adelanto, the city with the lowest at $28,524.
- Cupertino has the lowest separation and divorce rate, 7.51 percent, which is 4.4 times lower than in West Hollywood, the city with the highest at 33.10 percent.
- Danville has the lowest share of families living in poverty, 1.6 percent, which is 24.6 times lower than in Adelanto, the city with the highest at 39.4 percent.
To view the full report and your city’s ranking, please visit: